Friday, November 19, 2010

I'll be up in the gym just workin' on my fitness.

First off, I would like to apologize for the amount of time between posts. I have had quite the few week that has included an trip to NJ, discovering my student can read, and a Snood addition.

 Anyway, I went to the gym Monday for the first time in, well a long time. I used a wide array of excuses for why I haven't been going.

- I tore my MCL (6 months ago...)
- I lost my ipod (I guess I could have looked a little harder...)
- I play rugby (Just kidding, I coach rugby, meaning I stand around for 2 hours...)
- I have no time (Ok that one might be a little legit...)
- I have to feed my fish (That Boo Bear just gave me...)

Monday was the end of those excuses. I felt a little bad when I checked in and the receptionist said, "Good to have you back." He might as well have said, "Hey fatty, good jump getting your lazy ass off the couch." I think the latter is way more motivating.

It is now Friday. I went to the gym for the second time this week. Mainly because I was still so damn sore from looking at the weights the first time I went this week that I thought it was best that I really rest up.

The gym does have its plus sides though (aside of course from good health...). I love being able to watch the interesting group of people that attend the Noho gym. There are the typical juice heads that look like they swallowed a keg and I am sure it is physically impossible for them to put their arms down by their sides. I love when they wear ski caps. I'm not sure what it does for their weight lifting but it defiantly boosts their image. Then there are the 50 something ladies that do nothing in the gym except for take the classes and take up too much room gossiping in the locker room afterwards.

But leave it to Noho to add a pinch of gay to every situation. There is this whole other genre of people at my gym that I have seen at no other fitness center...the gays. All types of gays. Big manly tops that flex their pecs at any male passing by. Little gay boys on the elliptical reading "People" and watching "E!" Big lesbians that seem to be in some sort of turf war for the bench presses.

The lesbians are (of course) my favorite. Its like they all have something to prove to the lesbian next to them. One decided to challenge me. She caught my eye as she started to do pull ups and push ups. Mind you I'm on the eliptical watching "E!" and trying to read the "People"the guy next to me had. I can't do even one push up, nor do I look like I can even can, so why she decided to challenge me is a mystery. I did the only thing I could think to do...I laughed. She did not find this funny. Oops. What was I supposed to do? Launch into some sort of "West Side Story" gang dance routine? Lose some sort of epic lesbian battle? Maybe someday to the former. No thanks to the latter.

Maybe as I continue to work out (hopefully) I'll become strong enough to challenge a lesbian of my own.  But I really would prefer some sort of dance fight.

No comments:

Post a Comment