Thursday, February 10, 2011

The Purrfect Woman

There is a new woman in my life. Her name is Millie. True to typical lesbian fashion (even though I am not one) we have already moved in together. Most nights she sleeps in my bed, although sometimes she prefers the floor. She does not really like to go out, which is fine because she is great at snuggling. We love to play all day until one of us (usually her) falls asleep.

She is also a kitty.

I love my kitty. Yes, I caved, I got a kitty. (Don't tell my landlord...) I'm still holding true to the fact I'm not a lesbian. The cat and the work boots mean nothing. But what is it with lesbians and cats? Lets avoid the obvious joke here...this is a family blog. Dirty minds, people, dirty minds. Honestly though, why do lesbians love cats so much? I suppose they are a good replacement for a girlfriend. I mean she is a cheap date. She doesn't point out my faults on a regular basis. She is easily entertained. She won't cheat on me. She shows affection. She doesn't snore. She doesn't drink too much and go crazy. Wow, purrfect!

I love my kitty. But I won't become a cat lady. Yes, I have a Facebook album with just pictures of her. And  yes, I show random people on the street pictures of how cute she is. And yes, I have stayed in one or two nights to play with her instead of drinking with my friends. And yes, I have sent texts with captioned pictures of Millie to friends. But I won't become a cat lady. I hope. Someone stop me if it goes to far.

I love my kitty. Just don't call me a cat lady lesbian yet. Please.

No comments:

Post a Comment