Monday, October 25, 2010

And so it begins...

Hello world!

Boo Bear (the token gay man in my life) told me I was funny. He said that I have a lot to say. The German agreed with him. I just speak the truth, perhaps with a bit of comedic license...

This blog is my life story. I will only write the truth, or at least how I perceive the truth. 

It all started 24 years ago on a rainy day. I grew up in your typical suburban Irish Catholic family. I grew into, well...I don't exactly know what. Some would say lesbian (I HATE that word). I just say gay. Pretty much I look like a 12 year old boy. But I don't look like Justin Beiber (at least not any more). 

This blog will not just be a gay blog. Although it will have gay stories, so readers beware. 

I'm turning 24 tomorrow. I don't know how I feel about that. When you're 12 you don't think about your twenties. Well you think about turning 21 and drinking and college. What you don't think about are those awkward years between graduating college and becoming an adult. That's where I am right now. Turning 24, single, and poor. 

This blog will not be a constant stream of whiney posts about how bad my life if. But we all have our days so, there might be some. 

I am in between degrees right now. I tried a grad program, hated it, and quit. Graduate school drop out. But it was a good decision because I now know what I want to do. I work with kids with disabilities. To be honest, I think they are way cooler than typical kids. 

This blog will contain stories of the kids I work with. Because quite frankly, they make my day almost every day. 

I guess thats all for now. I'm not sure where this blog will go, or if it will ever really start. But here I am. 

 And so it begins...

No comments:

Post a Comment